Translate It

Monday, December 22, 2008

Beautiful Annoying Weather

So I guess this winter, for the Seattle area, it has been what they call here a bit abnormal. One of my friends got at least 2 feet of snow. I got stuck today at least three times. I don't mind driving in the snow, but as I told the Washington folks, we have what we call SNOW PLOWS. Since I have moved here I seriously have only seen TWO, yes thats right, 2 snow plows. This is exactly why people are getting stuck or flying off bridges. Some really nice people have helped me get my car out and I truly appreciate that because I was starting to hate all Washingtians...
On a funny note, my trainer 'skied' into work. Yes she really did and as I was leaving work, someone from boeing was skiing home. I laughed out loud both times. Other than the deep snow it really isn't that bad. Everyone here has chains on their wheels. Some just put them on the wrong set of tires :) and some keep them on when there is half an inch of snow and then they hit pavement and spark. I understand chains for in downtown Seattle because of the freakin hills!

I finished the Twilight series FINALLY! So now I'm on to my next set of books which Lauren G. insisted I read. They are just a bunch of classics.

I do have to work on Christmas day and some other days this week, but I will still be visiting the Poppes for Christmas Eve...if the weather lets up.

Emilie comes in about a week and I can't wait except it is suppose to snow AGAIN :( the airport is south of seattle so I'm not quite sure how I will pick her up but I'll figure that out when the time comes. We are also wanting to go to Canada, but I know they have a lot more snow up there so we'll see what happens.

Well, thats all for now, I'm too tired to think.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

omg! that is weird! so is winter better equal or worse than kansas? Hope you had a wonderful christmas!