Translate It

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm sort of still alive...

Sunday night I went out with Megan and her Azafady crew to a restaurant on a beach called Island Vibe. The owner was this South African lady who used to dance with a company that went to Kansas City every year. Such a small world! The food was amazing (at the time) and I had the best mexican food since I lived in the states. We may have drank a little too much, but it was fun and I met a lot of people. I got home around midnight and started feeling sick.  I then started vomiting (among other things) around 5AM and didn't stop until noon. It reminded me of my food poisoning episode I had at Disneyland. I cried like a baby and couldn't leave the bathroom. It was horrible. I watched all of the movies I had on my laptop and stayed in bed for over 24 hours.  Last night I went into the hotel restaurant to try to eat something.  My french must not be that great because I ended up getting soup. (which was good) but then later realized it was made with milk :/  I'm lactose intolerant.  Oh well! I didn't have any other episodes after that.  I'm starting to regain my strength back, but I'm still pretty weak.  I think I may have scared my parents when I called them to tell them about my sickness. Sorry guys!!!

Tomorrow, Trang (other oxford brookes student) arrives so it will be nice to have someone else to talk to (in English).  I also meet with QMM to do my medical evaluation and sort out all of the paperwork. Hopefully I'm getting closer to getting to the forest to see those lemurs!


No comments: