Translate It

Friday, October 28, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

My whole life I have been taunted for my choice of breakfast food items.  I LOVE poptarts, donuts, and anything else that involves chocolate and sugar.  BUT do you know what the typical staple item in the Netherlands is??? Sprinkles. That's right, sprinkles. They have a HUGE aisle devoted to them and they come in different shapes, sizes, and flavors. Of course, they aren't called sprinkles there; they call them Hagelslag.  Here's a food blog about it if you want to check it out: http://adventurefoodie.blogspot.com/2011/02/hagelslag-chocolate-sprinkles.html.

So what have I been eating for breakfast you ask?

Tea (with honey and sugar) and peanut butter and nutella toast with Hagelslag. 
This weekend we are having 2 international dinners. I'll explain. Everyone in my flat is from a different country so once a week someone makes a traditional meal for all of us.  Tonight we are trying Dutch pancakes and then tomorrow Italian pizza.  What am I making you ask?? Hamburgers I guess. The hot dogs come in cans here which I find utterly repulsing so we aren't having hot dogs.  Even the vendors on the streets don't offer hot dogs :(  Luckily I was able to try the Netherlands version of hot dogs this past weekend so my craving has subsided for now.

No my paper is still not done. STOP judging.

No comments: