I'm back from my Oxford mini vacation. One of my friends from Seattle is going to vet school in Glasgow and came down to visit me in Oxford for the weekend.
My teacher told me about a mexican restaurant in Oxford to test out so I took Alissa to it.
http://www.iguanas.co.uk/oxford.asp
It was good, but just not the same. I really miss Abuelos.
http://www.abuelos.com/
We then went dancing ALL night. The best part of the night was finding the only taco truck in Oxford. I've seriously been looking for one for 9 weeks. Turns out they are actually bratwurst and they were so bad I couldn't finish even half of it. The next day we got up early and went to the Bodleian Library to check out the Harry Potter stuff. (The Divinity School and Duke Humphrey's Library). We then went to St. Mary's Cathedral, The Christ Church College, and Alice's shop. After that we checked out 3 famous pubs and the HUGE and famous Blackwell book shop. I ended up buying 3 books that have nothing to do with my course, but are classics so I feel that justifies my purchases. Today we went to the Oxford Castle that used to be a prison until 1996 - unbelievable huh? We also had tea at the posh Randolph hotel. It was pretty relaxing.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend. (more on facebook)
 |
| We were knitting at the half moon pub on a Friday night. We truly are nerds, but yes we did go out afterwards so hopefully that makes up for our nerdiness. |
 |
| BEST FOOD IN OXFORD THUS FAR. |
 |
| Magna Carta |
 |
| Divinity School - Harry Potter filmed here. |
 |
| Dining Hall at Christ College - Harry Potter filmed here. |
 |
| Oxford Castle (prison) |
 |
| Afternoon tea at a posh hotel. |
No comments:
Post a Comment