I haven't been a fan of any of the British tv shows until lately. I've been watching a show called Take Me Out every Friday night with the flat below me and it's hilarious.
Basically there are a bunch of single girls lined up with buzzers. A single guy then comes out and the girls can 'if you don't likey, turn off your lighty' as the host says; turn off their buzzer. Sometimes it is so embarrassing and awkward it is hard for me to watch! Tonight a guy got a 'blackout' which means NONE of the girls left their light on for him :( poor guy! There are also other times when there are a lot of girls who like the guy and then he gets to choose the girl for the date. He basically just judges the girls on their looks because he doesn't know anything about them.
The commercials, or adverts as they say here, in between the show are also hilarious. They are for Kia Motors and are cheesy (cheeky - another English word) pick up (chat up-also English phrase) lines. Here are some examples:
- Did you just fart because you blew me away?
-Shall I call you in the morning or just nudge you?
-The only thing your eyes haven't told me is your name.
-So apart from being beautiful what else do you do for a living?
-Some people call me Rob, but you can call me tonight - my favorite one :)
-Shall I make dinner and you make breakfast?
Those are just a few. I made my parents watch this show last week. They said it was stupid, but my dad (remote hogger) never changed the channel so I know that they secretly loved it. Plus they made me watch an equally horrible movie afterwards - the new Footloose. smh.
No comments:
Post a Comment