Translate It

Friday, April 27, 2012

Am I in a movie?

It feels like I am!

I didn't get much sleep, but that could be because it was pretty loud here. The traffic and people talking and the chickens = all together, I couldn't sleep.  I woke up early (8AM), showered, and went downstairs to find MICET. Micet is a company that I'm working with. They are great and arrange all of my transportation and hotel accommodations.  When I went downstairs I ran into a famous primatologist, Patricia Wright. We talked for awhile and she said that I could ride with her and her team to MICET and invited me to the zoo with them.  She is being filmed because she is a finalist for an Indianapolis prize.  She told me her thoughts about my project and then invited me to an inauguration in July in Ranomafana. She also wants to know my results from my study.  You never know where this could lead!? PhD at SUNY under her??? The world is MY oyster. Is that the correct phrase? I then went to micet to pay for my research permit and met my student. We then took a taxi to the university. On the way we had to push it up a hill, twice! The boys were laughing, but it was probably because they don't usually see white girls doing that kind of thing :) hahah Then I met with a teacher, who wasn't her supervisor. On the way back her real supervisor called and we ended up having to go back. The traffic is pretty bad here. I don't know how nobody crashes! After that I helped Dr. Pat Wright fix her computer and then she invited me to dinner with her and the crew. We went to a fancy place called Cafe de la Gare (train station) and they paid for my dinner! That was so nice of them! Now its off to bed. I fly out tomorrow morning to Ft. Dauphin.

No comments: