Today I woke up and submitted my last Oxford Brookes University assignment (other than my dissertation). It didn't phase me :( I was hoping it would be dramatic and I would feel relaxed, but I quickly realized that I have a french test and presentation tomorrow. BOO!
I then went to the outdoor store (for the 4th time) and spend another 200 quid. It turns out I DO have to have a tent (doesn't this suck ma and pa?!) and also different shoes and a nice pair of socks. The UK is NOT the place you want to buy these things at, but what's a girl to do. If you are wondering just how much more expensive the UK is, guess how much one pair of my hiking socks cost (USD)? .............
One of my pairs of hiking socks cost thirteen gbp which is twenty dollars....and I bought 3 pairs. I spent freaking 60 dollars on socks. ON SOCKS!!!! But they are nice, breathable, cushioning, anti-bacterial, hiking socks that will dry quickly. My tent was $160 for a 2 person and is very waterproof. I'm not sure how much tents cost in the US, but I'm sure I could find a cheaper one in the states. OH WAIT, there is one, in my parents garage :( BOO AGAIN.
Oh well, at least I know that if I don't get a job I'll always have a place to stay (my tent), nice socks, and my hat.
Check it out :)
I then went to the outdoor store (for the 4th time) and spend another 200 quid. It turns out I DO have to have a tent (doesn't this suck ma and pa?!) and also different shoes and a nice pair of socks. The UK is NOT the place you want to buy these things at, but what's a girl to do. If you are wondering just how much more expensive the UK is, guess how much one pair of my hiking socks cost (USD)? .............
One of my pairs of hiking socks cost thirteen gbp which is twenty dollars....and I bought 3 pairs. I spent freaking 60 dollars on socks. ON SOCKS!!!! But they are nice, breathable, cushioning, anti-bacterial, hiking socks that will dry quickly. My tent was $160 for a 2 person and is very waterproof. I'm not sure how much tents cost in the US, but I'm sure I could find a cheaper one in the states. OH WAIT, there is one, in my parents garage :( BOO AGAIN.
Oh well, at least I know that if I don't get a job I'll always have a place to stay (my tent), nice socks, and my hat.
Check it out :)
| Malaria - I don't think soooooooooooo! |
No comments:
Post a Comment