Translate It

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Massage!!!

I just got a massage from a local woman who came to MY house and it was only 3 GBP for 60 minutes! She was AMAZING and I will gladly pay her for a massage every single time I come back to the city. The hotel I'm staying in offers massages, but they are 5 times the price (which is still cheaper than the US), BUT this lady has kids to feed so I would rather support her. I was a bit nervous about what would happen though.

You call her, she doesn't speak English or French so I had to use my broken Malagasy, tell her a time and place, and then she shows up and gives you a relaxing massage with oil. I even got a butt rub!! I've never felt better. Now to the French restaurant for our last dinner in the city and I'm thinking wine and pizza. :)

I'll post again later tonight about my last week in the bush and if you are interested in skyping I should be on all night. (as in all night ... Madagascar time).

Miss you lots. Please also pray/send good thoughts to my friend Laura who was robbed, not once, but twice while conducting her research in Ecuador.  You can follow her on my other blog here:

http://fieldblog.weebly.com/

No comments: