Check out this 4 minute youtube video on Madagascar's Top Predator - the Fossa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0lgd1FwAmM&feature=player_embedded
I actually wanted to see this species, but unfortunately I never did. In one of the forests that I went to researchers actually relocated the fossa's because they were eating the lemurs. In the area that I worked in there were no fossa's, but there were definitely village dogs. The local people hate dogs. They kick them, they don't feed them or wash them, and they don't look after them. The only purpose I saw the dogs being used for was to hunt microcebus in the forest so that the owner could eat them. The dogs are also used to bark at intruders. When I explained that I like to take my sister's dog for walks and bathe them this was disgusting to them. They couldn't figure out why I would even pet a dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0lgd1FwAmM&feature=player_embedded
I actually wanted to see this species, but unfortunately I never did. In one of the forests that I went to researchers actually relocated the fossa's because they were eating the lemurs. In the area that I worked in there were no fossa's, but there were definitely village dogs. The local people hate dogs. They kick them, they don't feed them or wash them, and they don't look after them. The only purpose I saw the dogs being used for was to hunt microcebus in the forest so that the owner could eat them. The dogs are also used to bark at intruders. When I explained that I like to take my sister's dog for walks and bathe them this was disgusting to them. They couldn't figure out why I would even pet a dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment