Translate It

Sunday, October 28, 2012

What in the World Am I? Part Deux.

Good job Erika!!!!!!!!! It was indeed a jaguar which is the third largest cat in the world (behind lion and tiger).  They live anywhere between southern US and Argentina. According to the IUCN red list this species is listed as Near Threatened and there are only 50,000 left! This is partly due to the fact that people hunt them for sport.

Panthera onca


This is fun for me. Not that these are endangered species, but that you have to use your brain. Here's another one for you to try to guess:

This one was a bit harder for me...

"In Greek my taxonomic species name means "three fingers," but I actually have four digits on my front feet and five on my hind feet. I am one of only two mammals that never grow teeth. Despite this I can eat up to 30,000 of my prey daily."

Try to guess it without using the world wide web! 

No comments: