So it has been a couple of months since I've last written a blog post. I was feeling a bit down that I'm not currently where I would like to be in my life so I felt that my life was mundane and I didn't want to bore my massive readers with that nonsense. Today, I had a heart to heart with my dear friend Claire bear, who insisted that my posts were not boring to my readers and convinced me to write again. So here I am.
What's new with me???
I currently work at my local BBB (to remain nameless) store. Not to be confused with the Bath and Body Works across the street that many customers mistake us for. I immediately figure it out once they inquire about our Wild Berry Tulip lotion or the 'Winter' brand of skin care. Or when they hand me a Bath and Body Works gift card and end up disappointed when I state I can't use it for their BBB purchases. I was trained as cashier, then to customer service, and now to a department that deals mostly with kitchen whatnots and appliances. I have learned a lot! For example, never buy non-stick pans, get the ugly stainless cookware because they last longer. They also have a wonderful registry program so you should register at BBB for weddings, housewarming parties, graduations and birthdays. Yes, people register for their birthdays, not often, but it has happened.
I moonlight, fo free, at the Sedgwick County Zoo which I love dearly. I'm currently collecting data on one of the Western Lowland Gorilla bachelor groups. They are incredible and I could watch them for hours. Except for when they vomit and then eat it. I don't need to see or hear that.
With the New Year, I did make some resolutions. I love lists and goals so I had to do it. I plan to read a book a week - quite difficult, but I'm still doing it. If you haven't joined this website yet you should ASAP: http://www.goodreads.com/ It is basically facebook, but with books. I also made a resolution to work out 4 times a week and to complete a craft, most likely pinterest, once a week. So far I've completed these goals. My favorite book of the New Year is The Great Gatsby. You should read it before the movie comes out! OH And I plan to travel once a month. It just needs to be outside of Wichita. In Jan, I went to the bowl game in Phoenix with some sorority sisters and it was very entertaining. Downtown Phoenix was beautiful (recently revamped) and spending time with old friends always makes you happy. This month I'm traveling to Buffalo, NY and Toronto, CAN. I can't wait to reunite with some of my Oxford mates and to see Niagara Falls for the first time!
WOW this is long. Thanks for reading and I promise to update this bi-weekly. I can't commit to weekly. XOXO
What's new with me???
I currently work at my local BBB (to remain nameless) store. Not to be confused with the Bath and Body Works across the street that many customers mistake us for. I immediately figure it out once they inquire about our Wild Berry Tulip lotion or the 'Winter' brand of skin care. Or when they hand me a Bath and Body Works gift card and end up disappointed when I state I can't use it for their BBB purchases. I was trained as cashier, then to customer service, and now to a department that deals mostly with kitchen whatnots and appliances. I have learned a lot! For example, never buy non-stick pans, get the ugly stainless cookware because they last longer. They also have a wonderful registry program so you should register at BBB for weddings, housewarming parties, graduations and birthdays. Yes, people register for their birthdays, not often, but it has happened.
I moonlight, fo free, at the Sedgwick County Zoo which I love dearly. I'm currently collecting data on one of the Western Lowland Gorilla bachelor groups. They are incredible and I could watch them for hours. Except for when they vomit and then eat it. I don't need to see or hear that.
With the New Year, I did make some resolutions. I love lists and goals so I had to do it. I plan to read a book a week - quite difficult, but I'm still doing it. If you haven't joined this website yet you should ASAP: http://www.goodreads.com/ It is basically facebook, but with books. I also made a resolution to work out 4 times a week and to complete a craft, most likely pinterest, once a week. So far I've completed these goals. My favorite book of the New Year is The Great Gatsby. You should read it before the movie comes out! OH And I plan to travel once a month. It just needs to be outside of Wichita. In Jan, I went to the bowl game in Phoenix with some sorority sisters and it was very entertaining. Downtown Phoenix was beautiful (recently revamped) and spending time with old friends always makes you happy. This month I'm traveling to Buffalo, NY and Toronto, CAN. I can't wait to reunite with some of my Oxford mates and to see Niagara Falls for the first time!
WOW this is long. Thanks for reading and I promise to update this bi-weekly. I can't commit to weekly. XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment