I hopefully get to leave tomorrow, but we'll see if there is a driver :) We are currently stationed at the nicest hotel, that we can afford, and the few days I've been here the electricity has gone out at least 4 times. It isn't just out and then back on, if its out, it is out for at least 6 hours. This means showering in the dark, or for us, with our headlamp, and no internet or any type of entertainment. Thankfully the bar downstairs was open and we could eat and watch some soccer. I finally had bread and butter. I haven't had butter for months and I didn't realize it would be something that I missed. I do however dream of JIF peanut butter at least 3 times a week and don't get me started about chocolate. I don't know if I could literally survive in the forest without it.
I added some pictures to facebook finally and some videos to youtube so check them out!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/makimandy?feature=mhee
I'll be back, hopefully, in 2-3 weeks and then will head to Berenty to see the Baobab tree and LEMURS! I can't wait!!!! Then my supervisor comes to visit and then 2-3 weeks later Ill be heading back to Oxford. Time has flown by so quickly. I just hope that things stay calm and that I can return to England on time :)
Miss and love you all very very much
xoxoxo
M
I added some pictures to facebook finally and some videos to youtube so check them out!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/makimandy?feature=mhee
I'll be back, hopefully, in 2-3 weeks and then will head to Berenty to see the Baobab tree and LEMURS! I can't wait!!!! Then my supervisor comes to visit and then 2-3 weeks later Ill be heading back to Oxford. Time has flown by so quickly. I just hope that things stay calm and that I can return to England on time :)
Miss and love you all very very much
xoxoxo
M
No comments:
Post a Comment