Have I mentioned the Madagascar sky to you before?
It is the most beautiful sky I have ever seen. There is hardly any light pollution here, compared to other countries, and you can see every single star. I wish I could get a picture of it. Words can't describe how incredible it feels to lay by the campfire and see dozens of shooting stars every night. I wish I could put this sky in my pocket and take it back home to the good US of A.
I watched the Madagascar cartoon film before leaving on this trip and then again a few nights ago with my camp homies. The first time I watched the movie I thought, this is nothing like Madagascar. They have no predators bigger than a fat cat and there is no way a talking lion, hippo, giraffe, or zebra would be seen there. Then after watching the movie, well that fact is still true, there are only fossa's here, but the movie mentions little things that I've noticed here. Par example, lemurs. There are definitely lemurs here and they can only be found here. They mention the night sky. So true. There's one scene that shows the different vegetation of Madagascar (e.g. Baobab trees, spiny dessert, beautiful flowers, and sandy beaches). Everything in Madagascar is beautiful and the movie shows it. The only thing they don't show are the cows. There are thousands of zebu here. And they are delicious :)
I have 3 weeks left here in this gorgeous country, so what's on my bucket list you ask?
Well, I hope to eat lobster. I also plan to visit at least Berenty Reserve and possibly two other parks. Since, the lemurs in my forest have been hunted out it has been hard coming to Madagascar and desperately searching for them/not being able to find many lemurs. I'd like to visit a park where even though they are completely domesticated at least I can get some great photos :) In Tana, I hope to visit the market to pick up some hand made gifts and the local zoo. There is also a spa, here in Fort Dauphin, and a very nice hotel that has a terrace on the cliff so you can watch the sunset with a rum cocktail AND an infinity pool. I plan to reward myself here for at least one night before heading back to cloudy England. Plus I need to try to even out my tan so that my British friends don't make fun of me.
That's all for now. We are headed to the market to pick up rice and beans for the week. Then I have a meeting with my supervisor to hear what he thinks about my data. I'll post again later. Also, facebook is still not working here so I can't upload any more of my pictures :( Maybe on Monday it will start working again before I head back to Petriky for my last 2 weeks in the forest!
It is the most beautiful sky I have ever seen. There is hardly any light pollution here, compared to other countries, and you can see every single star. I wish I could get a picture of it. Words can't describe how incredible it feels to lay by the campfire and see dozens of shooting stars every night. I wish I could put this sky in my pocket and take it back home to the good US of A.
I watched the Madagascar cartoon film before leaving on this trip and then again a few nights ago with my camp homies. The first time I watched the movie I thought, this is nothing like Madagascar. They have no predators bigger than a fat cat and there is no way a talking lion, hippo, giraffe, or zebra would be seen there. Then after watching the movie, well that fact is still true, there are only fossa's here, but the movie mentions little things that I've noticed here. Par example, lemurs. There are definitely lemurs here and they can only be found here. They mention the night sky. So true. There's one scene that shows the different vegetation of Madagascar (e.g. Baobab trees, spiny dessert, beautiful flowers, and sandy beaches). Everything in Madagascar is beautiful and the movie shows it. The only thing they don't show are the cows. There are thousands of zebu here. And they are delicious :)
I have 3 weeks left here in this gorgeous country, so what's on my bucket list you ask?
Well, I hope to eat lobster. I also plan to visit at least Berenty Reserve and possibly two other parks. Since, the lemurs in my forest have been hunted out it has been hard coming to Madagascar and desperately searching for them/not being able to find many lemurs. I'd like to visit a park where even though they are completely domesticated at least I can get some great photos :) In Tana, I hope to visit the market to pick up some hand made gifts and the local zoo. There is also a spa, here in Fort Dauphin, and a very nice hotel that has a terrace on the cliff so you can watch the sunset with a rum cocktail AND an infinity pool. I plan to reward myself here for at least one night before heading back to cloudy England. Plus I need to try to even out my tan so that my British friends don't make fun of me.
That's all for now. We are headed to the market to pick up rice and beans for the week. Then I have a meeting with my supervisor to hear what he thinks about my data. I'll post again later. Also, facebook is still not working here so I can't upload any more of my pictures :( Maybe on Monday it will start working again before I head back to Petriky for my last 2 weeks in the forest!
No comments:
Post a Comment