Translate It

Monday, July 16, 2012

Je suis desole!!

I apologize for not updating like I promised! Thank you Erika for reminding me :) (I now have 4 followers!)

So first I'll update you about where I am now and then tomorrow Ill tell you more stories about the field.

Yesterday, my student flew back to her home town (Tana).  It feels great. Not that I hate her or anything, but for the last 3 months I've felt like her mom. I've had to teach her so many things, pay for everything, and every time I heard her say my name I cringed knowing that it was because she wanted something from me. Now I know how my mom feels when she goes on vacation without us! It feels great to have a break!

After that Tim and I set out to see the surfing competition at Island Vibe (owned by South African lesbians - who used to dance in KC!/also where I got food poisoning when I first arrived here) and then to Talinjoo to watch the sunset and to check out the place. As soon as we arrived I decided that I'm moving all of my luggage to this hotel. It's amazing. It has delicious food and drinks and an infinity pool with a bed beside it! We met up with a girl we met the night before (Katrine) and we drank all night and eventually had pizza. It was such a nice break!

So that's where I am right now! I'm sitting on the terrace watching the ocean and about to go to the pool to even out my forest tan.  Check out facebook for some pictures, it won't let me upload any on here just yet :(








No comments: