Last weekend was filled with nostalgia and laughter. We held our first high school reunion at Heights High and Jersey's Bar and Grill. The committee was very impressed with our turn out and we look forward to the 20 year reunion. We started it off with a tour of the school and tailgating/watching the heights vs southeast football game. The next day a small group of us met at Public in downtown Wichita and had delicious micro brews and dinner. Then we hopped over to Jersey's on the east side of town and reserved a few sand volleyball courts (nobody used), outdoor bar, and indoor bar. Many people partook in shots of fireball and group selfies.
Here are a few snapshots of the night:
Here are a few snapshots of the night:
Today I will have my first test (cell biology). It is probably my hardest class this semester so I spent most of the week hitting the books and memorizing amino acids. Yes, I had them memorized as an undergrad, but of course I don't remember them now. :(
Random Fact: Lactose (a disaccharide [sugar] with glucose and galactose) has a beta glycosidic bond. If you are lactose intolerant that is because you do not produce the enzyme needed to hydrolyze (break down) the bond. It is difficult for you to metabolize the disaccharide.
This weekend a dear friend will be visiting and I will have the pleasure of showing her around Manhattan. We will be attending the free Lindsey Stirling concert at Kstate!
This Week's Obsession:
Entertainment: youtube videos on memorizing amino acids
Exercise: squat it up
Sickness: This week I think my allergies turned into a cold and I can cough so deep and loud you might mistake me for a man.
Songs: Lindsey Sterling - to get pumped up!



No comments:
Post a Comment