Translate It

Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 1 Done!

Last weekend I went to a fellow Theta's wedding and it was beautiful and amusing. The groom's family created a hilarious video with pictures of the couple and the family that went along with the song Happy. It ended with the family performing a choreographed 'Happy' dance for the couple.



The first week of school is officially over. It was filled with purchasing exorbitant textbooks from the bookstore then returning and re-purchasing reasonably priced textbooks from online. The weather was either 100F with an UV index of 10 (extremely high) or raining which made walking to school fun! I am very appreciative of the Channel 12 storm team weather app when living in Kansas. We also attended the Power Play at the Park. It had a ton of booths on things ranging from churches to reptile expos (including a large boa to take pictures with) to a pep rally with the KSU band and athletes.




It was family reunion at the uni and I got to spend the weekend with my family from Wichita and Washington and my suitor's family! We ate a lot of food, played drinking games, went on mini hikes, and even took a lucky few to the ville.  Even though my shirt was soaked with sweat it was great meeting up with fellow theta's at the Bill on Saturday (Bill Snyder stadium). I was hoping to see Eric Stonestreet, but was let down. Hopefully I'll see him at the next game!

This Week's Obsession:
Entertainment - Vampire Diaries on Netflix
Recipe - Homemade hummus: tahini, cilantro, lime, roasted red peppers, jalopenos, chickpeas
Book - Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Not studying when I should be studying.


No comments: